Leave a comment please!



Taller than most. Louder than most.

More layers to my personality than an onion, peel me and I could make you cry.




Tuesday, November 04, 2008

ace fuckin 8??????????

Won a seat last week into the satellite for the GUKPT package ($8k) worth $300, so was really looking forward to it tonight. started with 2k was doin fine, up to 2800 until i lost about 1k with JJ and AK in two consecutive hands. Started out thinking everyone on the table was a class A player ( I always seem to do this if i think I'm out my league) until hard evidence proved otherwise. The usual raising with K10 UTG then callin for a gutshot (no not me!), reraises with rag ace, you know the sort or game. I was folding hands to reraises where I would have been ahead preflop - and still on the river :(

Anyhow I'm down to 1,800K when i get AQ on button. I havent played a hand for quite some time, every raise that has gone to a flop I've had the goods so I don't look like a blagger, so I hope I can raise the blinds with it, although im owrried about the BB as he is a tit. don't want to mince my words here.

He's been raising 77 when the BB 20 then betting 123 on the flop etc, so I reraised him on the turn then showed J7c which matched nothin at all. Don't think he liked that, resulting in every time I raised he called. I bet the flop, he folded. Strong play hey?

So back to the AQ. I raised just over 2.5 x BB, no limpers b4 me, SB folds. BB calls. I knew he would call anyway, went without saying. Now bear with me here - every time this guy called a raise he would then bet around half the pot then fold. So the flop comes A28, two diamonds. He bets, predictably, half the pot, around 260. I then reraised him to about 600. Is this where I went wrong? My thinking is I know I have the better ace if he has one at all, if he's flushing I don't want him catching, but basically, I know I'm ahead. He then pushes all in which I'm calling for what I have left, with what's in the pot, so I call and yes he has A8. 2 pr, I don't improve and I'm out. I am genuinely gutted. I probably played that hand badly but can't see how the result woudl have been any different - if I'd flat called they all still would have ended up in the middle, if bob was my uncle fanny would have balls. Or something.

So I went into a satellite for the Irish Open and rebought around 9 times in the first 9 hands. I'm still playing it, as you can imagine I have the most solid image on the table so I'mnot pinning my hopes on that one. I like satellites to a satellite, and I'm generally quite good at them - it's the next step up I need to work on. Anyway been moved tables, chance to redeem myslef - later.x

No comments:

Post a Comment